Grooming your dog should be an activity that you have to do to keep your pet clean and healthy. Note that hiring a professional pet groomer can be an expensive undertaking. That is why you should buy the best Conair dog clippers and do the grooming yourself.
The specific pet hair clippers you may want to buy depend on many factors relating to the dog. You can opt for an electric dog clipper or one that use batteries. Conair grooming tools come in different blade sizes, and that means you can choose the specific tool that best suits your pet. Here is a comprehensive review to help you choose the right clipper from your Conair dog.
Conair Dog Clippers in 2021: A Comparison Chart
Regardless of how hair grows on your pet’s coat, you will need a clipper that will do the job most conveniently. This comparison chart was created to make it easy for you to compare different products at a glance. Be sure to check our buying guide.
|1||CONAIR 11-Piece Grooming Kit for Dogs||7.2 x 11 x 4.6 inches||1.4 pounds|
|2||Conair Dyna-Groom 2-Speed Permanent Motor Pet Clipper||2 x 1.8 x 7.2 inches||4.3 pounds|
|3||ConairPRO Dog & Cat Palm PRO Pet Micro Trimmer||4.2 x 8 x 2.5 inches||0.35 pounds|
|4||Conair Clipper 2IN1 16PC KIT PGRD420||7.2 x 11 x 4.6 inches||1.4 pounds|
|5||CONAIR CPG81C 20 Piece Combo Pet Hair Dog Clippers||–||2 pounds|
|6||Conair Nail Grider (White)||3 x 11.5 x 6 inches||1 pounds|
|7||Conair Canine FX Dyna-Groom 2-Speed Animal Clipper||7.25 x 11 x 4.63 inches||3.15 Pounds|
1. CONAIR 11-Piece Grooming Kit for Dogs
Give your dog the pampering it deserves with the grooming kit that will leave them happy and healthy-looking. The kit is suitable for general grooming because of its ease of use. The bundle includes a blade guard, cleaning brush, oil, and a pair of scissors.
The clipper is equipped with five adjustable cutting positions, 120v DC motor that delivers enough cutting power, self-sharpening mechanism, and other accessories. It can be used for trimming and light clipping different pet breeds.
- Runs on a powerful motor that powers two times faster than a magnetic motor
- Uses steel sharpening blades for getting the ideal sharpness
- Comfortable fit and can operate without a cord
- It is an all-in-one grooming kit for fury pets within the compound
- Adjusting the cutting blades while in use is difficult. But you will get used to it with time.
2. CONAIR Dyna-Groom Pet Clipper
This electric pet hair clipper has a magnetic rotary AC motor. It’s also equipped with two-speeds, cryogenic-ceramic blades that are detachable. It is lightweight, ergonomically-designed, and requires minimal maintenance. It comes with 10 blades, oil, brush, four combs, and more.
- The magnetic motor draws its power from an AC source
- The ceramic blade is detachable making it easy to maintain
- Lightweight and ergonomic design ensures comfortable handling
- The package includes 10 blades, oil, brush, 4 combs, and a carrying case
- The head heats up before finishing the grooming session
3. CONAIR PRO Dog Palm Micro-Trimmer
This dog palm trimmer from Conair works well for trimming around the face, paws, and ears. You have a comfortable grip because of its ergonomic design that hosts an easy-to-use trigger switch.
The trimmer fits perfectly into your hand with minimal chances of the animal seeing it. The device is cordless and uses battery power (AAA). The mode of operation is quiet and runs smoothly.
- Ideal for trimming your dog’s paws, face, and ears
- Snugly fits the palm of your hand
- Cordless operation making it portable
- Comes with a user manual
- The battery drains quickly
4. CONAIR PRO 2-in-1 Trimmer
The ConairPro 2-in-1 Trimmer has the design that enables general clipping and trimming of your dog. The tool has a 5-position, detachable, flexible, ergonomic design, and a ground steel blade with a diamond shape. You will also get a trimmer blade for the animal’s claws, ears, and face.
This high-quality trimming kit contains a clipper, a single trimmer blade, seven combs of different sizes, trimmer comb attachments, soft pouch storage, metallic comb, lubricating oil, blade guard, and instructions manual.
- A specialized trimmer for grooming your pets hard to reach areas
- Uses a powerful DC motor with a turbo switch to increase cutting power
- Has a non-slip rubber-shaped around the handle
- The unit comes with accessories including an instruction booklet
- Does not cut long hair well
5. CONAIR CPG81C 20-Piece Pet Grooming Kit
It is time to pamper your dog in the comfort of your home with this pet grooming kit and trimmer from Conair. It is a 20-piece kit that will help keep your pet happy, beautifully-groomed, and healthy.
The kit is ideal for general pet hair clipping and trimming. It is easy to use because you don’t need special skills to do so. Remember, making sure your dog’s is perfectly trimmed keeps it healthy, and that’s what this Conair clipping & trimming combo does.
- It is a 20-piece pet hair clipping & trimming combo.
- The clipper and trimmer are easy to use.
- It’s a cordless clipper.
- It is easy to store the product as it comes with a storage case.
- The product is equipped with a powerful motor for seamless operations.
- There are very few consumer reviews to judge the cons of the product.
6. CONAIR Pro Nail Grinder
The design of this professional dog-grooming tool is for safe nail grinding. Works well with all dog sizes considering that it operates in silence. The unit is portable and is easy to carry around due to its compact design.
The sturdy adjustable cover is easy to change between the stone or sander attachments. The bundle comes with extra bands and grinding stones.
- Works for all sizes of dogs and breed
- It is a quiet machine during operation hence qualify as a dog-friendly machine
- Ergonomic and compact design allows its use anywhere you go
- Have separate grinding attachments, i.e., two grinding stones, and four sander bags
- Operates on a high-speed motor
- You cannot change the direction the grinder spins
7. CONAIR Canine Animal Clipper
CONAIR Canine Animal Clipper is a tool any professional would love to lay hands on. It uses a powerful magnetic rotary motor ideal for the body and face of the animal. The speed of cutting revolves around 3,000 strokes per minute on low speed and 4,000 strokes at high speed.
- Works well for all coat types including the body and face
- The external body is chrome-plated making it durable
- The use of non-slip grips enables comfort and excellent control on your hands
- The blade heats up too fast
Conair Dog Clippers: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Here are some of the important factors you should consider when choosing a good clipper/trimmer for your dog.
Get to know your pet’s coat
When looking for available options within the Conair dog clippers, determine the nature of the animal’s coat. Remember that grooming takes place every four to eight weeks, so look for a dog clipper that can withstand your schedule.
The length of the animal’s fur is an excellent guide to getting the best purchase. Dogs with a heavy and thick coat require heavy-duty clippers. Some of the causes of coat thickness are Matts, knotting, and tangling of hair, making grooming a problematic process.
Clipper blades and guards
Irrespective of the way your dog’s hair grows, you need to purchase good Conair dog clippers that support additional blades. The numbering on the blades determines the length of hair to cut. Long hair requires that you use a blade with a higher number.
The reason behind the plastic guard is to save the trouble of blade adjustments. All that you need to do is to look for a printed number on the guard and adjust the blade accordingly
Types of blades
Look at how the blade cuts through the coat. The cutting angle is a consequence of your dog’s coat. The decision to clip your dog is not about changing from one style to another but giving the dog a treat that she deserves.
Look into the following types of blades
- We have the wide clipper blades good for the large breeds to access more hair
- Skip tooth blades are suitable for dense or matted hair. They are ideal for use before you take the dog to the shower.
- The finishing blades are the kind of blades you can use after bathing the dog
The numbers of clipper blades depend on the type of coat your dog has.
Make sure the Conair dog clipper is fit and handy to allow a comfortable grip. A poor design can lead to dropping the clipper and consequently injuring your dog.
Look at the speed of the Conair dog clippers. A good speed means the grooming session will go ahead seamlessly without having to struggle pulling the dog’s fur.
Manufacturer and dog clipper integrity
The actual make of Conair dog clippers is a clipping machine with strong structural integrity. Knowing the company behind the top Conair dog clippers helps you to get an idea of the type of service the clipping tool requires.
Powerful and quiet motor
The motor operating speed could be higher, but the mode of operation should be silent. A loud noise will scare the dog and make the grooming session a painful process.
The clipping unit needs to have a self-cooling mechanism instead of having fans or vents that may lead to clogging and noise when overheating.
Ask the experts
Asking for information to get an excellent Conair dog-clipping tool is part of knowing what entails a functional clipping unit. Go to a professional dog groomer and ask for information and guidance. Other experts include a veterinarian or a person with experience in your type of breed.
The information you need to find the best Conair dog clipper should be in your nearest vet’s office. Please consult with the professionals as well and compare it with what you have read here before the final decision. The more information you have, the better your choice.