Your dog is prone to skin infections whether you like it or not. These infections can be caused by parasites, allergies, bacteria, or fungus, but one thing for sure – they will cause severe irritation and itching in your dog.
So, what can you do to relieve these symptoms in your dog? Well, for one, you can use the best antifungal dog shampoo to bathe them.
While you will still have to seea vet for proper treatment for your pooch, a good antifungal shampoo will help alleviate the symptoms of an infection and work hand in hand with your prescribed treatment.
Read on if you would like to find out more on how to get your hands on the best antifungal shampoo.
Best-Rated Antifungal Shampoo for Dogs: Comparison List
Got just enough time for a short and precise list? We’ve got your back with the following list. Keep scrolling if looking for our detailed reviews.
|1||Curaseb Antifungal & Antibacterial Chlorhexidine Shampoo||2 x 2 x 8 inches||1.2 pounds|
|2||Douxo Chlorhexidine PS + Climbazole Shampoo||7.9 x 3.4 x 1.8 inches||1.3 pounds|
|3||Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic||2.4 x 2.3 x 8 inches||1.1 pounds|
|4||Vetone-KetoHex Antifungal||8.1 x 8.1 x 2.6 inches||1.2 pounds|
|5||Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic||2.4 x 2.3 x 8 inches||0.6 pounds|
|6||Arava Natural Medicated Dog Shampoo||7 x 3.3 x 1.2 inches||0.96 pounds|
|7||All Natural Pet Ear Cleaner for Dogs and Cats||6.8 x 2 x 1.5 inches||0.57 pounds|
|8||Pet MD – Antiseptic and Antifungal Medicated Shampoo for Dogs||8 x 2.4 x 2.2 inches||1.15 Pounds|
|9||Dechra Miconahex + Triz Shampoo, 8-Ounce||2 x 2 x 7.25 inches||0.56 pounds|
|10||Nootie Medicated Antimicrobial Shampoo||–||0.68 Pounds|
|11||Stratford Pharmaceuticals KETO-C Medicated Shampoo||36 x 3.94 x 36 inches||1 Pounds|
|12||Nootie Medicated Oatmeal Dog Shampoo||7.8 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches||1.15 Pounds|
1. Curaseb Antifungal & Antibacterial Chlorhexidine Shampoo
This shampoo provides you with a good formula for dog skin allergies. It is a Curaseb veterinary chlorhexidine shampoo that is formulated to be antibacterial, anti-yeast as well as antifungal all rolled into one.
You will find this shampoo quite good if your pet has dry skin that is itch such as the WAHL. Our team highly recommends his shampoo from its effectiveness in promoting healthy hair, skin, coat and helping with hot spots.
The shampoo also has a good strawberry smell which will help eliminate that constant “Frito” smell of your pet.
- Good for the elimination of bacteria, fungus, pyoderma, yeast, and ringworms
- Gives good veterinary strength at an affordable price
- Gives and gentle skin cleaning as well as deodorizes
- Results are long term
2. Douxo Chlorhexidine PS + Climbazole Shampoo 500 ml
This shampoo will give you some good antiseptic properties for effective control over your pet’s cutaneous disorders caused by pyoderma.
The strength of this shampoo is in its formulation that contains special moisturizing ingredients that help to protect your pet’s skin and coat.
This makes it ideal for the treatment of dermatological conditions. Above all, it is modified with procreative with both anti-inflammatory and seborrhea properties.
Moreover, shampoo comes with a lip acid that acts as a moisturizer as well as a restructuring agent to facilitate the deposit of a lipoprotein film on the skin of your pet.
- Made of Chlorhexidine to give a strong antiseptic protection
- Offers good skin protection from irritation and loss of moisture
- Ideal for pyoderma cutaneous disorders
- Contains antiseptic foaming solution
- Must be applied on daily basis
3. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Anti-parasitic and Anti-seborrhea Medicated Shampoo for Dogs
This formula contains salicylic acid, micronized sulfur and coal tar that are important for the treatment of pet skin scaling caused by seborrhea.
Over and above this, the shampoo will help you to receive and manage other parasitic infections for your pet as well as help you deal with bacterial infections.
Our review team has found this shampoo to be helpful in relieving inflamed scalps, red skin rashes, bald spots, and flunky skin.
It can also help with waxy skin caused by dermatitis, parasitic, mange of bacterial infections.
- Acts fast
- Has a gentle healing properties
- Affordable and highly effective
- Specifically formulated for dogs
- Proven track record for healing parasitic infections and other fungal and bacterial skin infections
- Needs to be used together with a conditioner
- Requires you to leave it on for ten minutes which may cause pneumonia
- A strong and not so pleasant smell
4. Vetone-KetoHex Antifungal & Antibacterial Veterinary Formulated Shampoo for Dogs
Compared to other shampoos evaluated by our team, this shampoo has a pleasant smell together with a synergetic base to give your pet dog a deep cleaning and deodorizing experience
The shampoo will also give you the benefit of specialized, dog washing formula that safely and effectively removes both bacterial and fungal conditions that may lead to skin infections.
For instance, the shampoo is designed to give you the confidence to an antiseptic cleaning and management of skin infections due to Ketoconazole and Chlorhexidine present.
- Excellent option for taking care of injured and neglected dogs
- Formulated to contain both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Good for both skin miniaturization and protection
- Does well to keep the skin of your pet dog clean and healthy
- Its antiseptic properties help to treat both lesion and skin infections
- Pungent smell
- May leave your dog’s skin feeling squeaky after use
5. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic and Antifungal Spray for Dogs
For your effective treatment of dog skin infections, this shampoo has a veterinary formulation with clinical care antiseptic and an antifungal spray which will effectively treat both bacterial and antifungal infections for your dog.
Your pet care will be made easy by the easy treatment regiment of once a week to give your dog relief from hair loss, itching and redness thickened skin, musty odor and dandruff caused by pyoderma and dermatitis.
Additionally, this shampoo will help you in relieving any outburst infections on your dog’s skin.
- Has a soothing and healing effect
- Acts fast
- It is 100 percent safe to use on your dog
- Ideal for topical use on dogs
- Affordable and very effective
- Effective treatment for skin infections
- Has a strong smell
- Has to stay on dog skin for 10 minutes
6. Arava Natural Medicated Dog Shampoo
This shampoo is made from Arava bio care formula making it friendly for dog’s sensitive skin.
This shampoo will give you the benefit of a therapeutic relief which is good for treating dog skin problems and irritation such as inflammation, infections and hot spots.
This formula is designed to effectively deal with all your dog dermatological conditions. Above this, your dog will benefit from its soother and comforting feeling not found in other shampoos.
Additionally, your pet will have the additional benefit of top quality Dead Sea therapeutic and essential oils which is good for stinky dogs.
Our review team strongly advice
- Has a pleasant, nice and fresh smell
- Made exclusively from natural and active ingredients
- Highly effective in reducing skin infections
- Achieves a deep and powerful cleansing of the skin
- It is formulated from dean seas minerals making a therapeutic shampoo
- Needs mixing with coconut oils in order to help with skin flakes
7. Bodhi Dog Natural Pet Ear Cleaner for Dogs and Cats
With this shampoo, you have a great smelling natural cleaner for your pet dog. The shampoo will give your dog a soothing relief and is very gentle to any sensitive ears.
First, this shampoo is formulated with eucalyptus and aloe Vera extracts to make it effective in treating ear mites, yeast infections, fungi, and bacterial infections as well as eliminates odors through a clean eucalyptus scent.
However, compared to other Natural Medicated Dog Shampoos, this product may not disinfect your dogs’ ears gently.
- A professionally top-quality shampoo
- Relieves any itchy ears
- Gentle and effective in removing dirt, odor, and ear wax
- Formulated with an eye for the sensitive ears
- Contains aloe Vera and extracts from eucalyptus
- Has no drying agent so water takes long in the ears
- Strong smell due to eucalyptus in its formulation
8. Pet MD – Antiseptic and Antifungal Medicated Shampoo for Dogs
The formulation of this shampoo allows it to give your dog relief from the majority of the symptoms associated with both bacterial and fungal infections.
First, this shampoo helps to kill most of the common bacteria and yeast responsible for most dog skin problems. For example, the antiseptic and antifungal solutions contained in this shampoo make for your effective management of bacterial and fungal skin infections in dogs.
- Effective in killing bacteria and yeast
- Good for dog antiseptic cleansing of face folds and finger folds
- Ideal for cleaning dog underarm and groins
- Ideal for relieving fungal skin infections
- Good for managing Dermatitis & other dog skin problems
- Hectic to keep it on the dog for ten minutes
- Not gentle compared to the traditional shampoos
9. Dechra Miconahex + Triz Pet Shampoo
One good thing that our review team has established about this shampoo unlike the majority in the market is that it is useful in supporting healthy skin dogs that are responsive to chlorhexidine or miconazole.
For better results, our team of professionals advises that you use this shampoo as adjunctive therapy for any dog skin bacterial infection by either gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. In this case, you will find that neither bacterial of fungi will develop resistance towards gluconate or chlorhexidine.
- Keep working long after rinsing
- Effective treats all your topical dog fungal & bacterial infections
- Formulated with ceramides for deep moisturizing properties
- Has moisturizing, antimicrobial and antifungal formulation
- You must use footpads between the dog toes
- Does not have ketoconazole
10. Medicated Dog Shampoo: Antifungal, Antibacterial Dog Shampoo
This shampoo does well to condition and cleans the coat of any of your smelly dog especially those with tangles coats. The formulation in this shampoo cleans, conditions detangle and moisturizes such dogs to a calming effect.
On the other hand, this shampoo unlike other shampoos in the market such as Dechra Miconahex + Triz Pet Shampoo or the KetoHex Antifungal & Antibacterial Veterinary Formulated Shampoo for Dogs contains no harsh chemicals or sulfurs.
With that kind of formulation, this shampoo is safe for your use with topical tick and flea products for your dog pet.
- Ideal and safe for all breeds of dogs
- Has a non-irritating fragrance
- It is ideally both antibacterial as well as antifungal
- Ideal for treating bug bites, ringworms and hot spots
- Helps promote healthily and strengthen the coat
- Has to be left on the skin for ten minutes
11. Stratford Pharmaceuticals KETO-C Medicated Shampoo
This shampoo is effectively formulated for use over each bath time in order to protect the skin of your dog from bacterial or fungal infections.
The shampoo is formulated to rid your dog of any existing bade bacteria and other skin conditions such as ringworms, yeast or any other dermatological conditions that are responsive to Chlorhexidine or Ketoconazole.
Moreover, this formulation is advanced to make it more concentrated and so create a richer lather to give your furry dogs super clean and with a soothed skin.
- Has deep deodorizing and cleansing properties
- Has a long-lasting formulation
- Stop skin irritation fast
- Promotes a healthy skin
- Synergetic base for restored, clean and fresh smelling skin
- For better results needs to be used along with oral antibiotic
12. Nootie Medicated Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
If your dog suffers from itchy skin, this shampoo contains colloidal oatmeal which will help to ease this discomfort and keep the skin healthy.
Due to this, this shampoo is about the only product in this range that will cater for all your dogs with allergies, recurring dryness, sensitive skin as well as a similar skin condition.
- It is risk-free
- Sensitive to skin
- Colloidal oatmeal for a thick healthy coat and itchy free skin
- Good for dogs with allergies
- May requires complementary use of flea medication
- Has a strong smell
How to Bathe Your Pup with Antifungal Shampoo
In order to ensure bathing success, it’s important to keep a few pointers in mind. Remember, the key to a great bath time lies in proper preparation.
Make sure you fill the bath up to the chest region of your dog i.e. chest height when your pooch is standing. Of course, you want to ensure that the water is warm but not too hot.
Take it slow. Apply water all over their body and once fully soaked, apply your favorite shampoo, gently in order to create lather.
For most shampoos, you’ll need to leave the lather on for 5 to 10 minutes (or as directed).
Once the recommended time elapses, it’s time to rinse off the shampoo. You can either use the shower for that (a cup or jug would also help).
Of course, you don’t want to leave your pooch wet. So, be sure to grab a towel and dry your pooch before brushing them.
As you do that, you need to know that dogs will naturally shake off excess water no matter what you do. So, it’s important to be psychologically prepared for that.
Buying Guide for Antifungal Dog Shampoos
Once you are sure that you want to get an antifungal shampoo for your pooch, you want to consider several important factors such as:
Medication in the Shampoo
Consider getting a medicated shampoo to help treat any fungal infection that your pooch may be suffering from.
The good thing about medicated shampoos is that they are specifically made to aid in controlling the symptoms of a particular infection.
Ingredientsin the Shampoo
Some shampoos contain harsh chemicals and ingredients that that may worsen your dog’s fungal infection.
Our advice here is to get a shampoo with all-natural ingredients that will help clean your dog and reduce the symptoms of the infection without causing any harsh reactions.
PH Balanceof Shampoo
Perhaps you do not know this, but your dog’s pH is not the same as yours. In that regard, it is important to pick a shampoo with a pH that is balanced for your dog’s skin to minimize irritation.
Most fungal infections will cause your pooch to develop anoily coat or wet sores but that does not mean that they need a drying shampoo.
In fact, moisture plays a huge role in the healing process of your dog so you may want to get a shampoo with natural moisturizers such as Aloe Vera, or tea tree oil.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We understand that you may have a few questions about the best shampoo to use for your dog’s fungal infection and we have answered some below.
Why does my dog licktheir feet constantly?
The most probable cause for that is underlying itchiness which can cause another yeast or bacterial infection because of the moisture caused by too much licking.
How do I treat a fungal infection in my dog?
The oral treatment for fungal infection involves the administration of antibiotics for 4-12 weeks.
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a dog?
There are many symptoms that indicate that your dog may be suffering from a fungal infection such as loss of hair around their ears, a foul odor, and a bloody or yellowish discharge.
Which One Is The Best?
After our extensive research, we settled for the Curaseb Antifungal & Antibacterial Chlorhexidine Shampoo as the best overall choice. It’s made up of medically approved ingredients and judging from its reviews, it’s quite well made.
While an antifungal shampoo will not treat a fungal infection in your dog on its own, it will help to reduce the irritation caused by the infection.
Look for a shampoo with all natural ingredients and the right kind of medication incorporated and you allow it to soothe and heal your dog’s skin.